Principal Cloud Native Architect
Principal Cloud Native Architect - £120K – London
· Lead the design and engineering of new, next-generation solutions based on modern Cloud Native architectural principles.
· Assess existing complex solutions and recommend appropriate technical treatments to transform the application with Cloud Native/12-Factor characteristics.
· Refactor existing solutions to adopt a Microservices-based architecture.
· Replatform solutions to operate in PaaS & Kubernetes environments, particularly based on Pivotal Cloud Foundry and RedHat OpenShift.
· Execute PoC, MVP and Application Transformation projects that target Kubernetes and Cloud-Foundry-based environments.
· Act as a customer liaison on each project and drive quality delivery.
· Get deeply involved in the hands-on coding/development of projects.
· Use modern software development and DevOps practices such as CI/CD, Agile, Scrum, XP and Domain Driven Design.
· Advise on Cloud Native application development best practices
Required Skills / Experience
· Development frameworks: JAVA, JEE, Spring, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud Services
· Application Servers: WebSphere, WebLogic, Apache Tomcat
· PaaS platform: Cloud Foundry, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Red hat OpenShift, SAP Cloud Platform,
· Containerisation platform: Kubernetes, Docker
· Cloud Platforms: AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform, IBM Cloud
· BS level technical degree or equivalent experience; Computer Science or Engineering background preferred; Master’s Degree desired.
· Solid proficiency in hands-on Java development
· Exposure to Agile / Scrum / XP development methodologies
· In-depth understanding of CI / CD
· Management and leadership of small highly skilled software engineering teams
· Excellent communication and presentation skills.
· Experience architecting, designing and programming applications in Public/Private/Hybrid Cloud environments
· Experience with designing and building applications using Microservices together with Container and Serverless technologies
· Experience architecting highly available, large-scale enterprise applications.
· Experience with multiple programming languages, such as: Java, C#, Python, Node.js and Go.
· Experience with configuration management and automation technologies (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible).
· Architectural Certification with one or more Public Cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP).
· Extra curricula software development passion (e.g. active open source contributor).
Please contact me asap for more information firstname.lastname@example.org