Sales Engineer/Solutions Consultant
Role: Presales/Sales Engineer/Solutions Consultant
Location: Melbourne or Sydney
Salary: Flexible depending on candidate experience
Reports: VP of Customer Engagement
A Solution or Sales Engineer (SE) is a member of the Sales team who actively drives and manages the evaluation stage of our sales process, as well as evangelizes our solution set to prospects, customers, and partners. This important role is deeply involved in customer acquisition by building key relationships with executives and technical stakeholders. The SE is customer-facing and enjoys presenting technical concepts with simplicity and elegance. The role is fast-paced, wide-ranging and challenging. The ideal candidate is hungry for a challenge and has a mixture of technical skills, great communication, interpersonal skills and strong problem-solving abilities.
This is a blended sales & technical role that collaborates closely with nearly every team in the company - Marketing, Sales, Customer Success, Support, Product Management and Engineering.
Regional travel is expected, and global travel is possible.
What the role entails:
● Build strong relationships with technical and executive decision-makers and help them to understand our innovative products as solutions
● Collaborate with partners to identify their needs
● Work with the Sales team to pursue large enterprise transactions in the Mobile Network Operator and Insurance segments
● Drive the technology evaluation stage of the sales process with our prospects
● Elicit prospects' and customers' business, functional and technical requirements
● Customer presentations and demonstrations
● Understand and address prospect and customer questions and objections
● Help prospects understand the businesses technology and understand its advantages
● Lead the configuration, implementation and execution of PoCs and customer trials
● Serve as the lead for RFP/RFQ responses to illustrate the benefits of using our technology
● Contribute to SOWs, change requests, and other contractual deliverables
● Advocate and be the "voice of the customer" to influence our product roadmap
● Partner with the Sales team from the beginning of a sales cycle to understand the prospect’s overall technology requirements and capabilities
● Collect, organize and synthesize product feedback and provide ongoing reports to Product and Engineering to ensure future product development success
● Understand the "business value" and help the technical buyer appreciate the importance of the product
What You Can Contribute:
● Strong technical aptitude and a proven ability to understand, digest, and communicate solution concepts.
● Outstanding interpersonal, communication and presentation skills with an ability to translate customer comments and feedback to the product management organization.
● Proven business analysis and problem-solving skills.
● Eager self-directed learner with a curiosity and an appetite to understand not only our technologies but also the competitive landscape.
● Experience working closely with both technical as well as non-technical prospects in a startup environment
● Comfort working in situations of uncertainty where listening, designing solutions and building consensus is required
● Proficient with enterprise software architecture including applications, middleware, databases, analytics, hardware, authentication/identity
● 10 years of strong customer-facing experience, especially in a pre-sales, sales engineering or consulting capacity
● Ability to be successful in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple opportunities with a focus on high quality
● Willingness to travel to client locations (up to 40%)
● Insurance, Automotive or Mobile Operator experience
● B.S. degree in technical (Engineering, Computer Science) or business degree
Key Technical Requirements:
● Experience developing on either or both Android and iOS platforms
● Familiarity with mobile app development processes, including integrating SDK’s across multiple operating systems a plus
● Familiar with AWS Cloud infrastructure